Beware of Scams
No banking information has changed.
Please be wary these e-mails often look legitimate and will include details of the payment, including order information, payment method, and new bank account. They usually require the transfer of money for account payable or business payments to a false bank account.
These communications are fraudulent and do not originate from HCI. HCI does not change to any new bank account recently. For HCI customers, please stay with the HCI bank information in your past transaction record which was confirmed safe receipt.
For business communications, all HCI staff are using company e-mail from HCI official e-mail account: "@mail.hci.com.tw". Please beware of any slight differences on the e-mail address of your received e-mails.
Warning signs that may indicate fraud
1. The use of e-mail address is similar but wrong
2. Unfamiliar with the usual business status about your on-going project with HCI
3. Requesting payment to a new bank account details at any stage of the process
Contact HCI to verify possible fraud
1. HCI company general e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. "Contact Us" service form in any part of HCI official website
3. Phone call: +886-2-8797-1111